- June 26, 2017
- Posted by: Dr. Elise Cohen Ho
- Category: Blogging & Social Media
You can learn more about Natalie, who also happens to also be passionate about Holistic Healthcare, and why she started blogging HERE.
So now we move on to the rules, a bit more about moi and then my nominations.
I have to thank the blogger who nominated me and provide a link to their blog. (Of course, I would do this. Who would not? LOL)
I have to write a post to show the award. (That is this.) <– Was that a sentence?
I have to write a brief story of how my blog started. (Should I be a good girl and keep it brief?)
I have to give two pieces of advice to new bloggers. (But I am not at all opinionated! Okay, I totally am.)
I have to select 15 other bloggers that I want to pass this award onto. (Pay it forward. Right on!)
I also have to comment on each of the 15 blogs to let them know that I have nominated them and provide them the link to this post. (I love visiting people’s blogs. I visit, click through and comment on every blog that links up on the #TipTuesday Link Party)
HOW MY BLOG STARTED:
I have always had a love for writing.
As a kid I had several published poems. Later I had short stories and research papers published. Blogging was a natural progression. I wrote my very first blog post on August 13, 2011.
Some of the original posts are still on the blog but some have been tucked away for the book.
Overtime, I was told that I really should monetize my blog. Well, let’s keep it real.
I am a Holistic Relationship & Business Coach because I am passionate about my message and helping people but, you know, money is good too.
So I monetized.
My monetization comes in the form of paid blogging opportunities, freelance writing, sponsored posts and reviews, affiliate links, influencer campaigns and my clients.
Okay, well it was not all that short but that is the true story of Ask Dr. Ho. 🙂
1. Follow your passion and do not lose track of yourself.
For a while there I wrote post after post on health and wellness. Now, don’t get me wrong. I do think that is really important and I still do it because I have knowledge and I want to share that knowledge. However, for a time my personality got lost in the academia.
Now I am back to weaving in personal stories, observations and other fun things.
I no longer worry about fitting into the box of what some people think should be.
I write some things that may turn people off (super funny pun since I am talking about sex related posts) but you really can’t please everyone so do not try to. Ultimately you must trust that you will find your audience and they will also find you. Figure out what they need, want and desire but do not give yourself up in the process. Be your genuine self.
2. Do not be afraid to pay for help.
If it is going to take you hours upon hours to set up the latest plug in or integrate your mailing list or whatever else needs to be done then PAY SOMEONE TO DO IT. Your time needs to spent being the expert that you are. Let someone else be the expert that they are. If you happen to be a tech expert then do it yourself and do it for me too. 🙂
Here are the list of my nominees, in alphabetical order, for Blogger Recognition Award .
The main reason I chose to honor these bloggers is because they have visited my blog recently (I love to return love) and I thought there was something fab about them, their business or both.
Of course, I think everyone that visits my blog is pretty awesome but, regrettably, I could only pick 15.
(In the interest of disclosure I will also admit that a few of them are my clients too.) <- not an affiliate disclosure as I receive no monetary compensation from highlighting these entrepreneurs.
FYI, you can list your nominees however you want and you do not have to include your why.
MY NOMINEES for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Adrienne – Gluten Free Preppers <- I am super proud of all that Adrienne has done to grow her blog these last months.
- Casey – Casey, The College Celiac <- Young, awesome and unabashedly sharing her journey through life with celiac
- Christy – From Engineer to SAHM <- She had a guest post on “Ask Dr. Ho” and she answers comments.This is the way to really connect with new readers.
- Donna – Donna Merrill’s Tribe <- Donna’s blog consistently over delivers on information that we all need. I love when entrepreneur’s over deliver but do not skyrocket prices.
- Helene – HC Lifestyle Blog <- I love her disclaimer right there on the homepage.
- Jenni – Raising My Little Superheroes <- I love the magic rock story which is actually titled: Little Monkey, Calm Down.
- Jenny- The Domestic Wildflower <- Two reasons to pick Jenny. 1 – She is an awesome Ask Dr. Ho guest blogger. 2. She is bringing the old fashioned back into fashion.
- Katie- Katies Kottage <- With a blog focused on organization and natural living, Katie has already touched upon two important topics when trying to live a reduced stress healthy life.
- Katy – Skip The Bag <- Great tips on leading a more eco-friendly lifestyle. This ties in perfectly with an upcoming announcement so I felt a particular connection to Katy.
- Kristy – Grace and Foxtails <- Who wouldn’t love a blogger who starts out by promising to rant and rave? Motherhood and more is the focus here.
- Kyler – Simple Kinda Mom <- Kyler keeps it real as she discusses things such as antidepressants, PPD and frugal living.
- Lesly Federici – PAC <- I really appreciate Lesly’s efforts to support her tribe. I am PAC Expert Author currently working on a weekly series highlighting PAC members.
- Lila – Wildflowers and Progress <- I love the focus on finding beauty in even the ugly bits of life. I also enjoy Lila’s writing style.
- Lucy – Lucy At Home. Everyone really appreciated the rawness of Lucy’s guest post, A Pledge to My Children.
- Sue – Sueblimely<- Sue’s recent post about showing gratitude to fellow bloggers is a great reminder to us all.