- April 10, 2014
- Posted by: Dr. Elise Cohen Ho
- Category: All Recipes
This Watermelon Delight beverage is truly delightful as it offers a refreshing flavor like none other. It is assisted by its high water content of about 90%).
In addition, Watermelon Delight is also rich in lycopene which is a carotenoid phytonutrient that offers heart benefit and may help with bone health. Watermelon is also a good source of Vitamins A (eyesight) and C (immunity).
• 8 cups watermelon
• 1/4 cup agave or 1/2 cup pitted dates
• 1/2 tsp ﬁne Sea, Celtic or Himalayan salt
• ½ cup raw soaked cashews
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients in a blender on high till smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a nut bag/ﬁne cheesecloth.
For best results, refrigerate the watermelon ﬁrst for an icy, ready-to-go drink.
Alternatively, refrigerate this delightful beverage after blending.