- December 19, 2016
- Posted by: Dr. Elise Cohen Ho
- Category: Travel & Adventure
Are you ready for some holiday fun?
Well, we have you covered with some of the awesome things going on for the “Winter Season” in Orange County, California.
THE LINKS IN THE POST BELOW MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS, OR THE AUTHOR MAY HAVE BEEN OTHERWISE COMPENSATED FOR THIS POST. READ THE FULL DISCLOSURE.
Over a million people watch The Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade of Lights each year. This treat and has been in operation for over 100 years. You can view in three ways.
- Watch from the shore. This option is fun, cheap and requires scouting out one of the limited spots very early on. You will see many of the boats but you will miss out on the beautifully decorated homes.
- Watch from your boat. This option is even more fun if your boat is all decorated. Perhaps it can even be piloted by Santa Claus or one of his elves?
- Get reserved seating on a charter boat or private cruise. Call to make reservations. More info can be found HERE.
WinterFest is a fun, family friendly event. This event takes place from December 16th until January first at the OC Fair & Event Center and includes ice tubing, ice skating and real snow to have fun and frolic in.
Going around town and looking at holiday decorations is always a fun past time. Here are a few of the top picks:
- In Rancho Santa Margarita a street named El Corzo goes through a magical transformation and becomes the much adored Candy Cane Lane. Be sure to check out this holiday fun and also look for the Make-A-Wish booth where the volunteers will be giving out hot cocoa and collecting donations on December 21, 22 and 23 to help make a child’s wish come true.
- Bob Norris Christmas Lights offers a display of over 40,000 lights that blink in sync with Christmas sounds that you listen to on your car radio. Location 24952 Green bay Drive, Lake Forest.
- Eagle Hills in Brea offers about 100 homes participating in a holiday light display. This area includes Primrose Street and the surrounding streets.
It is the season of fun at Knott’s Merry Farm a.k.a. Knott’s Scary Farm a.k.a Knott’s Berry Farm. They are pretty darn good at transformations over there!
What Orange County Holiday Fun List would ever be complete without the inclusion of Disneyland?
Christmastime at Disneyland is truly magical. I adore It’s A Small World Holiday style and all of the decorations. This is also a really fun option for New Year’s Eve but be warned it sells out and is incredibly crowded.
With all of these fun things to do, and so many more, it will be hard to choose. What is on your holiday fun plan? Please share in the comments.