- June 24, 2014
- Posted by: Dr. Elise Cohen Ho
- Category: Vegetables & Salad
Herbal Truffle Risotto is a great way to introduce raw food into your life and try something delicious.
This recipe serves 2-4 people.
Blooming Rice:2 1/2 c. wild rice (unsoaked)
Sauce:1 T. white truffle oil 1 1/4 t. fine Sea, Celtic or Himalayan Salt 2 T. coarsely chopped red bell pepper 1 t. fresh thyme 1 T. chopped chives 3/4 c. water 1 3/4 c. cashews (that have been presoaked)
Everything Else:4 c. bloomed rice (from the 2 1/2 c. wild rice follow directions 1, 2 & 3) 1 T. nutritional yeast 1 1/2 t. black pepper 8 halved cherry tomatoes 1/2 chopped red bell pepper 1/2 t. each finely chopped thyme & rosemary Sea, Celtic or Himalayan Salt to taste 1 T. white truffle oil 3/4 c. diced Crimini mushrooms (optional)
1. Place rice in the food processor and “score” it by processing for 1 full minute.
2. To get the rice to “blossom,” transfer it to a large bowl and fill with water, until rice is covered by about 2 inches.
3. Allow to soak for several hours (up to 12) or until grains begin to open and soften. Rice will still be somewhat firm and perhaps a bit chewy. Rinse and use immediately or store in the fridge.
4. Prepare the sauce by blending all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
5. Next, mix the remaining ingredients (a.k.a. “everything else”) in a large bowl.
6. Add the sauce and mix well.
7. Serve immediately, or store in the fridge.
If you want to learn more about raw foods and better understand serving sizes then visit “Why Raw Food?”
Please let me know what you think of this recipe and what other recipes that you would enjoy. Do you have a great raw food recipe? Please feel free to share that too.