- March 22, 2017
- Posted by: Dr. Elise Cohen Ho
- Category: Soup
Thank you to John Scardina of Natural Ways Consulting for this Coconut Chicken Mushroom Soup recipe.
Coconut Chicken Mushroom Soup is hearty but light overall.
What You Need :
4 Shitake Mushrooms, dried
1 lb. uncooked chicken breast
1 oz. Coconut Oil
4 cups Vegetable broth
1 cup water
2 T. young green onions, tops only
1 c. carrots
1 c ripe tomatoes
How To Make It :
1. Boil 1 c. potatoes.
2. Place mushrooms in water to hydrate.
3. Once hydrated chop each mushroom into bite sized pieces.
4. Cut chicken into small pieces.
5. Gently sauté in a pot with the coconut oil until just done (I do not brown the chicken).
6. Add vegetable broth, water and bring to a boil.
7. Chop all of the remaining vegetables and add to pot.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste and lower to a simmer.
9. Simmer until done!
Notes From Elise
Look for the highest quality ingredients and use organic whenever possible.
The Shitake mushrooms offer amazing benefits such as providing beneficial iron, cardiovascular and
When it comes to Chicken, and other meats, try to only purchase natural, hormone free meats. Consumer Reports states that the “latest tests for dangerous pathogens on hundreds of organic and non-organic chickens bought at stores nationwide revealed that the majority were contaminated.” It is very important to stay aware of the latest finding. Perhaps you can find a local farmer, or butcher, that you trust to only provide the highest quality ingredients.
Coconut Oil is an oil absolutely worth adding to your diet. It adds a depth of flavor, sweetness and offers health benefits such as boosting hormone support, heart function and proper digestion.
Now About that Link Up Party.
Every Wednesday we will have a new link party posted. They will always be related sharing recipes so be sure to check back and hit the BLUE button to join in.
This link up is all about sharing your soup recipes.