- February 27, 2015
- Posted by: Dr. Elise Cohen Ho
- Category: All Recipes
This Vegetable Hash Fried Eggs Recipe is completely appropriate for Dr. Mark Hyman’s 10 Day Detox Diet.
If you do not have time to make the complete recipe in the morning you can make the hash a few days ahead, store it in the refrigerator, and then reheat it in a sauté pan or cast-iron skillet.Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Vegetable Hash Fried Eggs: 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 1 medium yellow onion, diced 1 medium white or green cabbage, diced 8 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into ¼-inch pieces 4 scallions, thinly sliced 1 organic red bell pepper, seeded and diced 1 organic green bell pepper, seeded and diced ½ teaspoon dried oregano ¼ teaspoon sea salt pinch of freshly ground black pepper ½ teaspoon dried thyme ½ teaspoon dried sage 8 large omega-3 eggs ½ ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced, for garnish chopped fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
Directions for Vegetable Hash Fried Eggs:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-safe sauté pan, or cast-iron skillet, over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Place the onion in the heated pan and sauté, stirring occasionally, until lightly caramelized and golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and sauté until soft and golden, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Sauté the bell peppers with the other vegetables until the peppers begin to caramelize, about 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and scallions and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or just until the asparagus turns bright green.
- Season the vegetables with the dried herbs, salt, and black pepper.
- Make four small wells in the surface of the hash, each about the size of a lemon, and carefully break two eggs into each well.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 5 to 7 minutes. (Alternatively, you can poach or fry the eggs, then serve them on individual plates of hash.)
- Garnish each egg with avocado and fresh herbs.
Calories: 280, Fat: 19 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 360 mg, Fiber: 5 g, Protein: 15 g, Carbohydrates: 14 g, Sodium: 290 mg
Nutritional analysis per serving is based on calculations in the 10 Day Diet Detox Cookbook.
This Vegetable Hash Fried Eggs Recipe is featured in the 10 Day Diet Detox Cookbook.
Do you want even more fantastic recipes?