- March 4, 2015
- Posted by: Mark Hyman, M.D.
- Category: Main Dish
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15 minutes
Look for organic, extra-firm tofu, which has a pleasing chewy texture and will also soak up the dressing in this 10 Day Detox Diet recipe really well.
Plant Based Note From Elise: Substitute Vegan Mushroom Sauce for the Fish Sauce or make your own Vegan Fish Sauce.
■ 1 (14‑ounce) package non-GMO extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into ½-inch cubes
■ ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
■ 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
■ 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
■ 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
■ Pinch red pepper flakes
■ 2 cups shredded napa, green cabbage or spinach
■ 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
■ 4 plum tomatoes, cut into eighths
■ ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion or shallot
■ ½ cup roughly chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as cilantro, mint, and/or basil)
■ 2 tablespoons slivered or sliced almonds
■ ½ avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- Place the tofu in a large salad bowl and sprinkle with the turmeric.
- Toss well to combine.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour half of the dressing over the tofu and set aside for 30 minutes to allow it to marinate while you cut up the vegetables.
- Set aside the remaining dressing.
- Add the cabbage, cucumber, tomatoes, and onion to the tofu.
- Add the remaining dressing to the salad and toss well to combine.
- Garnish with the herbs, almonds, and avocado and serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories: 240, Fat: 17 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Fiber: 5 g, Protein: 13 g, Carbohydrates: 11 g, Sodium: 370 mg
Nutritional analysis per serving is based on calculations in the 10 Day Diet Detox Cookbook.
This recipe is featured in the 10 Day Diet Detox Cookbook.
Do you want even more fantastic recipes?
I would love to work with you so that I can support you, help you and share all of the great things that I have learned working with Hyman Enterprises.